The 6 Steps to Successful Job Searching
Once you've got your career documents in order, it's time to start job searching.
1. Identify what path you want to take. Do some research and be as specific as possible.
• What region?
• What position?
• What companies?
2. Follow-up with your network. Get out the word that you're job searching, ask for advice,
expand your network.
3. Join local professional organizations if you have not yet done so.
4. Set up a professional image and web persona
• LinkedIn and other social media sites have professional groups
5. Explore local resources
• Individual company websites
• Visit local college job boards
• Job boards (for example, monster.com, indeed.com, careerbuilder.com)
• Visit industry-specific job boards and websites
• Newspapers (classified ads)
• Staffing Agencies
6. Set up informational interviews at companies of interest